There are lots of ways to hang pictures. It takes a little time, but it is really worth it to achieve an attractive display. A measuring tape and a spirit level make it a lot easier to get it right.
Questions people frequently ask about hanging pictures:
How do I hang pictures on patterned wallpapers?
What should I bear in mind when I am hanging my pictures?
Does it look a bit too much to have pictures on patterned walls?
How do I achieve a neat display of pictures?
Here are some tips to help you hang your pictures
- Lay out your pictures on the floor and move them around until it feels right.
- Lining up the tops or bottoms of the pictures is a simple trick that always looks neat.
- Vary the sizes of the pictures to give the room a more vibrant look.
- Follow the style of the rest of your home to ensure harmony throughout.
- Use a colour on the frame which picks up one of the colours in the wallpaper.
- Don’t be afraid to put up pictures on patterned wallpaper. If you group the pictures, it can, in fact, calm down a patterned wall.
- Black and white pictures are always a safe choice.
- Don’t hang your pictures too high.
- If you cannot find a good place on the wall for your pictures, you can let them stand on the floor, leaning against the wall.
There is a trend in interiors moving away from minimalism to a cosier style/ambience, where treasured items such as souvenirs and heirlooms are framed and hung on the wall.
Photo: Underbara Clara
A beautiful picture display to inspire you. Underbara Clara created this in her own home.